Re: tranny swap, hell ride home from NJ

Thanks Steve,
I had planned on a carb rebuild anyway.  I am not familiar with points ignitions, but the points didn't look too bad to me, but for the price of the repair, its cheap insurance.  I actually bought points and condensor this weekend, and was going to attempt a road replacement, but it turns out they were the wrong ones.  The guy asked me if it was Holley or Prestolite, I unknowingly said Prestolite, I guess I was wrong.  How can I tell the difference?  It looks just like the Dist cap and rotor on my 77, and I thought it was a prestolite (Gold box), I  could be wrong on that also???
---
Layda,
Tark
'77 Terra 345/T19/D20