AMCs

Just a couple of additional points.  Not all Jeep bellhousings have the
same transmission patterns (when they went to the Jap transmissions, some
of the housings only had one bolt pattern - wrong one- and others had a
dual pattern - would fit the T18).  Also, the Ford T18 needs a pilot
bearing adapter (input shaft length issue).  To get the Ford T18 to a 300
TC you will need an Advance Adapter kit (includes the pilot bearing
adapter).  Lastly, the flywheel for Jeeps are engine specific.  It will not
be real easy to find a 401 flywheel.  Get an Advance Adapter Catalog - they
have a wealth of information on this swap and lots of other good stuff.

Jim Shepherd
1986 IHC S1900 being made into a motorhome
1959 BC150 in need of an engine (among other things)