Re: 32's on my 65 Scout 80

>shackle lift will not help with the steering rub problem? A body lift
>certainly won't, so springs may be my only option. Anyone with experience in

If it's the springs you're hitting when turning... umm... bad news for ya!

I can think of only a couple ways to fix this.

1) less offset wheels that let it all stick out farther.
2) move the springs inboard some more... big fab work
3) install wider (ScoutII?  FS?) axles that move the tires (again) farther
away from the springs.

Even if they didn't hit the springs... where is the frame on your 80 in
relation to the springs?  If you didn't have springs (yeah, I know) would
the tires hit the frame pretty quick anyhow?

Hmmm.. gives rise to option #4.. convert to coil springs. :-)