Re: the price of having work done

Tom H wrote:
>Well, I just changed that alternator about two years ago. And, I've
expressed to all of you here how rebuilt anythings just don't seem to hold
up or work well anymore - two years being about right. Compared to 10 or 12
years for brand new accesories that come with the car new, but you can't
buy new after the fact. <

Tom,
  I don't believe it !!  Didn't you keep the receipt for the lifetime
warranty on the
alternator you put on 2 years ago?

  My '85 Toyota pu eats alternators.  Not too hard to change those babies.
 I really
enjoy going back to Schucks/Kragen and getting new ones (rebuilts) at no
charge.  I especially enjoy it 'cause you'd think a Toyota alternator would
be
fairly low cost, right?  Nope, those are one of the most expensive.  Around
$120.

  I've asked the manager how they can make any money the way they give
lifetime warranties on most everything.  His reply, "It's not a problem,
98% of
the customers don't save their receipts".

Doug