Re: 32's on my 65 Scout 80

Devin S wrote:
>However, it has become apparent that, contrary to
popular belief, a lift of some type is going to have to be incorporated
into
my plans just to clear these 32"x7.5 babies. Am I correct in assuming that
shackle lift will not help with the steering rub problem? A body lift
certainly won't, so springs may be my only option. Anyone with experience
in
these matters, please chip in. Thanks,<

Devin,

  I think the only thing that'll help is spacing the tires farther out from
the rub
area.  You're rubbing on the springs, right?   Adjusting the stops will
severely limit your turn radius.

  You could get wheels with less backspacing (I think that's the term) so
the tire
sticks out farther.  Or, spacers are available to accomplish the same
thing.

  A spring lift, IMHO, wouldn't help.  This may be a case where the wider
frame
of the 80/800's is a real drawback.

Doug