REBUILDS

OK all you dudes getting ready to build you engines,  I have been
lurking here reading your notes and learning as I go just like you al
do.  I also am in the process of doing the 392 engine for my traveler.
I bought a pair of brand new 345 heads and they are being ported as we
speak, I think I have a deal worked out with Jim @ anything scout for a
trade for a 392 short block and then it is down to business.  The one
thing you gear heads have not talked about is CRYO-TEMPERING!!  I
thought I would throw this in since you all seem to be getting into the
finite aspects of engine building.  How many of you know about this
process?  The aircraft industry, (small aircraft) now I think requires
the engines to be cryo-tempered.  search this subject on the web and
read how it will make your engines last a lot longer.  John L are you
going to have your engine balanced?  I plan on doing that to mine also.
Gun smiths, who want greater accuracy will have their gun barrels cryo
tempered! How about having our entire engines cryo-tempered?  This
process rearranges the metal molecules to their original state as when
heating them and molding them, pounding them distorts their original
arrangement.  Now I have opened up Andorra's box I hope to see some
postings very soon.

Steve