Re: GoshDan...SOFlirting

>I find it best to not mention Scouts with potential SOs for a few
>years.  I usually park several blocks away ...this way, if it doesn't
>start when leaving, I don't witness the relationship melt away.
>Most people have enough wierd attributes ...no point in adding fuel.

Hmm... I haven't had this problem... I s'pose maybe I'll relate my good
fortunes...

First, there was a potential SO in Missoula... recall the busted driveshaft?
She thought it was cool.  Wow.

But.. not to be... so..potential (and current) SO #2...

First "date" she climbs into the Scout and we go to MIssoula to "play" with
our mutual friend n' co-worker.. she looked around for a minute at first...
"I know, it's a mess.. I just put the hardtop on!" but instead she said,
"I've just never been inside a Scout"..

Put up with the noise, the wind.. and my some-times child-like driving all
weekend..

And then she was thrilled when I asked if she wanted to come along on the
Christmas Tree Run Saturday to get her a tree... she even brought the extra
shoes and socks, extra sweatshirts, and dressed warmly like I told 'er.

Only on a couple occasions did she ask me to let her out before I "worked"
the truck some more... which is understandable.. I mean, it was deep snow,
and the rear end *was* hanging off the side of the mountain... and it was a
bit of a ways down... but other times she just sat in the passenger seat n'
laughed with me as I bumped against a tree while trying to get unstuck and
not take that short-cut down the mountain.

And when we finally made it to "camp" at  3 or so... and we were both a bit
frozen.. she was still smilin' and said she had a great time... heck, she
cut her own tree down and dragged it to the Scout.

Now she's pointing out Scouts to me whenever she sees 'em... and even when
our coworkers said, "You went to Missoula with Tom in *THAT*??" she stuck up
for the 'Binder. :-)

So... just gotta find the right ones... there seems to be a few in Montana..
and Theresa M. would be a good choice if you lived in Sacramento... heck,
she has a few Scouts of her own... that run... if *I* lived in California....

;-)

-Tom Mandera, Helena MT
Hey Theresa!  Me too! Me too! Tom <-- President Frontier 4x4
http://www.tmcom.com/~tsm1/scout