Re: Jeep Scouts

A couple of years ago, I was getting my Thermoquad overhauled, and some other
things done at a local shop. The young fellow (about 18 or so) that they assigned
to go over the service list with me kept inexplicably referred to my Scout as "the
Jeep Scout." I ignored it for the first few times, but then finally said, smiling,
"if you call it a Jeep Scout one more time, I'm going to punch you in the nose."
The shop manager, who was sitting nearby tallying up something, didn't even look
up, but said, "He will, too." The young man was completely baffled, "Well, what is
it then?" The manager still didn't look up, but replied, "It's a Scout, by
International. Big difference." So, the young fellow continued his list, pausing
carefully at each reference and uttering "Scout" as though it were a holy word.
About six months later, he had bought one, and showed it to me, all proud. Best
regards, Kim Sol, 1980 Scout II, ps,pb,at,cruise, 4"lift, 4bbl, 345, "copper."