Re: Hydraluic clutch ???

>one that sheared was a grade 8. So my question is, is this an application
>where a softer bolt (grade5) works better than a harder (gr 8) one, or do I

I still think I recall hearing that a Grade 5 is NEVER better than a Grade 8
(assuming the surfaces you're mating are up to the strength of the Grade
8... overkill is overkill still)

As I remember, a Grade 5 stretches better than an 8... and it stretches
sooner... but.... I think I remember that the Grade 5 will shear before the
Grade 8 even starts to stretch (which, I also think, the Grade 8 doesn't
stretch very well/long before shearing).  So... the best a Grade 5 does is
give you some "warning" if you notice it's stretched...

-Tom