RE: ihc-digest V6 #326

Laura,
Welcome to the club.  Just because a mechanic doesn't specialize in Scouts,
doesn't mean you should shy away from him.  A lot of older mechanics have
worked on scouts in the past, there just aren't enough IH's around anymore
to focus solely on them.  Most of the mechanics that I have visited, would
look at my scout and say, "that's a great vehicle, I use to work on them a
lot".  The big thing here is to talk with the mechanic about his IH
experience, and go from there.  A lot of things on the IH's are standard
items, like the carbs(holley, or thermoquads(used on chryslers)),
distributors, transmission (the auto tranny is a chrysler tranny).  So don't
panic yet.  If he is paying for the windows, without making you go through a
hassle, that is a good point right there.  (just ask Tom M about his run in
with  a shop owner <grin>, sorry Tom, I didn't mean to open old wounds.).
And don't forget that you can ask the digest here, just about anything.

Epp
The Scout Ranch