Re: ihc-digest V6 #326

OK guys know you have me worried.  As I am new to the digest let me
give a little more background.  got interested in Scouts, decided I
wanted one, so jumped in deep end and bought 2 in one go (one is for
parts).

It is a 1973 Scout II, 345v8 (the previous owner told me 392, but I
have since learned that 73's didn't come w/392's).  I took it to a
local mechanic that has been good at working on my other vehicle, OK
it's a j**p, Comacnhe p/up.  I needed the the carb adjusted, brakes
looked at, wiring inspected and inspected in order for the state to
collect taxes.

The garage owner had to leave it out one night and all windows were
smashed, he is paying to have them all replaced, excpet for the one I
am purchasing from Rik.
So I respect the owner.

But now I read everyone writing about getting the right people to work
on the engines.  I do not plan on any major engine work as of yet.  Am
I correct to trust my Scout to someone that does not specialize in
Scouts?

--
==
Laura Busch

1973 Scout II
1973 Scout II(All spare parts for 1st Scout, pre-assembled)