Re: scout sighting

On Wed, 2 Dec 1998, Tom Harais wrote:

> Black you say? The best looking Terra I ever saw, was shiney black with a
> spring over and some fancy wheels. Even the cab top had been painted black.
> All I could think was you have to be damn crazy to paint an off-road
> vehicle black. It shows every wave, dent, twist and deformity on the metal
> surface. It will show every speck of dirt.

Paint it FLAT black and it wouldn't be so bad.

Plus, being black, and I HOPE flat-black on the hood, keeps hood glare
out of your eyes... something I've never had to deal with since I've
started driving Scouts.. even when clean, my hoods have been so oxidized
they don't shine anyhow... and they look so much better with a good
healthy coat of dirt on 'em that I often don't wash 'em!

-Tom