Re: front end noise

In a message dated 12/1/98 7:52:02 PM Mountain Standard Time, lynx@domain.elided
writes:

<< Does your truck have an NP205 T-case?  If so it is gear driven, not chain.
My '69 1200 4X4 has that T-case and it "howls" when in 4 high on snowy roads
if the snow is not real deep. I just thought maybe you might overlooked it. My
dad had the truck 20 years ago and he said it always did that. Just it's
nature I guess...
   But then again you could be right. It might be the front.  Good Luck.
 Andrew Thomas >>

Checked out the U-joints and they seem to be tight, next comes the phasing, I
guess I never even put much thought into the front, but I do get a minor
vibration when slowing between 40-30 mph, could be, I'll check.  BTW I had the
little stubby line WAY out of whack when I first put this stuff in.
NP205...I think so, definately a gear driven noise and if memory serves the
number sounds right.  That is a very good way to describe it if it helps.  It
sounds very suspiciously like a gear driven cam.
I also noticed oil all over on the case and trans, not so it would drip, but a
leak for sure, will also check fluid levels.
On another note, my blinker stopped working the other day, never had a problem
before with the exception of bad bulbs.  After checking everything and it was
all OK, I remembered the lengthy bulk head connector threads.  Fixed her right
up.  Without this list who knows how long that would have taken me to finger
out.  You guys are great!
Brian
'65 D1200 4x4 345 4bbl 4.11 the "Taxi"
Missoula, MT