Re: Blowing up the engine

<<Uh... what do you mean, blow it up?  I'm not trying to race-prep it... I

just think a real emission test would see what the vehicle did at a steady

65 mph on the freeway.  2400 RPM, in my case.  Yours may vary.>>

One of the reasons we Californians were so up in arms about the proposed new
smog program (Smog Check II) last year, or was it two, was that in other
states that had already implimented the same type of program, the dyno
emission testing was blowing up engines on the dyno. The older high mileage
engines couldn't take the dyno test. If they talk about dyno emission testing
in your area, be very afraid.

STeve