Blowing up the engine

Uh... what do you mean, blow it up?  I'm not trying to race-prep it... I
just think a real emission test would see what the vehicle did at a steady
65 mph on the freeway.  2400 RPM, in my case.  Yours may vary.

And, as we agree, a real emissions test would not worry about HOW-- freeing
us up to improve our vehicles as we see fit.

Are you referring to the fact that normally on a dyno you're trying to
determine max output?  In this emissions case, you would have to decide on
an hp level, and set the dyno to provide that load at the desired speed.
Put a human being on the throttle.

BTW, what would you think it takes to push a Scout through the air at 60
mph?? Like 30 hp or something (a total guess)???