Re: TSPC

On Tue, 24 Nov 1998 17:09:16 -0500 (EST) "DENNIS L. PETTERSON II"
<dpetters@domain.elided> writes:
>Hi All!
> Well I did it one more time.I bought a '77 Travler with a Midas "Family
>Cruiser Package".Man this interior is rrrreeeaaallllyyyy ugly!So I have
>couple of questions.....Can the dash and wire harness be pulled
together?
>On the Line setting Ticket it reads "2nd movement TSPC,FTW.Any Ideas
>what
>TSPC is?

TSPC=Truck Sales Processing Center.  This was an off-line modification
and finishing center that did a lot of things that couldn't be done
readily in the plant--things like installing winches, snowplows, soft
tops, some special decals, etc. on Scouts.  On bigger trucks, things like
installing fifth wheels, sleeper boxes, custom painting,  changing to
non-standard transmissions, axles, etc. were done.  If you wanted to pick
up your truck "at the factory", you got it from the TSPC.  They would do
the Preparation and Delivery operations and inspections that a dealer
normally did.  In Fort Wayne, it was about a mile down the road from the
plant, Springfield's is right next door, and I'm not sure about
Chatham's.

Since the Midas operation was in Elkhart, about 80 miles from Fort Wayne,
they probably routed the truck through TSPC for the P&D and Midas picked
it up there rather than having to ship it to the dealer in Elkhart.

Howard Pletcher
Howteron Products Scout Parts

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]