Re: latest purchase,John Landry

>"Scottie, I need more power!"  This is because the front of my newly

Is there such a thing as too much power?  Hmm.. well... yeah... when you
pretzel the driveshaft so it looks like a dog's chew-bone...

>And lastly, I seem to recall one of IH's own brochures showing the V392
>getting better estimated EPA mileage figures than the V345.  That old fart
>Tom Mandera might remember this.

Well, I don't recall the brochure... but I remember reading the EPA
estimates for the Scout, and the 345 was better than the 304... and I do
recall others claiming a 392 will best a 345 for mileage.. Heck, my 304 is
already beating my 196!

So... bigger *IS* better!  More power and more mileage... I hate it when
that happens!

Hey John - find me one, too!

>I ride the bus a lot to work now so gas mileage isn't as big a concern as
>it once was.  In taking the bus I use the money I save to pull my travel
>trailer around on weekends. <grin>

I remember when I first got my '72 Scout II... I had made the argument that
I could use the Scout to "play" with, and as a winter truck... with it's
"miserable" ~10mpg... and in the summer, I would drive my 2wd Chevy Luv with
it's 25-30mpg...

Umm... that worked just as planned....

I pulled the hardtop off the Scout, and there was NO WAY I was going back to
driving the Luv!  Or even the motorcycle!

:-)

-Tom (The Old Fart of the Digest) Mandera, Helena MT