carb choke Q

Hi-

	Its starting to get a little cooler here now, so I think its about time
I quit using the accelerator pump as a choke, and hook up the real one.
I sitched over to a V8 this summer, and am using a Holley 4175, which is
a Q-jet replacement that I found on the junk pile.  Seems to work OK,
except that I don't really have any way of hooking up the choke.  From
the looks of the linkage, its supposed to hook into some kind of heat
riser or something, which of course I don't have.  Aside from the fact
that a mechanical linkage would have to hook up to it vertically, the
choke cable I have is no where near long enough.
	What I had kinda been figureing on doing was to put an electric choke
on it, but after striking out at summit and jegs, I caled Holley tech
support, and they said that you can't do it on a "divoreced choke".
Anyone know what that is?
	suggestions anyone?  I seem to remember there was a discussion about
this not too long ago, but I wasn't worried about it then...  thanks,

-Chris