Vacuum Hose Routing

I'm about 3 hours worth of work away from getting my 800 back together for
my move.  As I've posted before, part of this process has been the
installation of the correct dashboard (it had an 80 dash before).  Now that
I'm ready to reinstall everything I'm a bit puzzled by the vacuum hose
routing for the wipers: each switch has *3* hose fittings on it: 1 small
and 2 large.  Does anyone know why there would be more than 2 and how I
should route hoses to restore the stock setup?  I have determined a
*functional* arrangement that involves capping the small fittings, but I'd
really like to do the job right -- especially considering I've taken the
time to redo all the wiring (80/800 harness hybrid!) and replaced just
about everything in the dash. [And yes, I soldered EVERY splice and used
heat-shrink tubing :-)]

Alan

P.S.  I have a leftover dash and the two big gauges from an 80 if anyone
wants 'em -- I can't swear to the functionality of the gauges [although the
dash was working when I removed it :-)].  Write me and we'll figure out the
cost of shipping etc.

P.P.S.  For those of you that would try to marry a 800 dashboard harness to
an 80 main harness, beware: it's a LOT of work, especially if the Scout in
question was owned by a succession of morons with electrical tape &
scissors!