Earliest 727 trans in Scout II?

Allan W. says:

>Then, in 1973, the Scouts started getting them.  So,
>I think the 1973 date is true, but only for Scouts.

My '72 Scout II RHD was manufactured in Sept. 1971.  It has a Chrysler 727
tranny (with the AMC bolt pattern, not the IH since it has the 258 six
engine).  The Line Ticket says "3 spd automatic trans 13407", which would
be a 727.

IMHO, perhaps the AMC bolt pattern 727's appeared in the AMC 258 equipped
Scouts earlier since Chrysler was already supplying these "AMC bolt pattern
727's" to AMC for use in their sedans????