Re: EGR valve

On Sun, 22 Nov 1998 09:07:41 -0500 (EST) cookiedan@domain.elided (Daniel
Nees) writes:
>Mike,
>   Just cut a piece of sheet metal the size of the gasket and bolt it
>down between the old EGR and the manifold. The worst componant for
>sapping power from an engine is a bad EGR. I remove mine completely
>and
>toss them in the trash, but; if you have to pass a visual test then
>the
>metal gasket is the way to go.
>
>Dan Nees
>http://members.tripod.com/~IHCaholic/scoutindex.html

Dan,
Thanks for the response.  I like your metal gasket idea, since we do have
inspections out here.  If I block it off, what am I effecting?  Is an EGR
only for emissions?  Does it help heat up the intake?  What's its
purpose?

Mike Ryan
1977 Scout II, 304 (soon ported 345), automatic, Dana 300, 3.54 gears,
4" superlift springs, 1.25" body lift, 33 X 12.5 Swamper TSL Radials

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]