68 travel all and help with scout gas tank....

to all who sent  me mail about the t34 thanks for the great info and
allan weidenheimer and ben cole who sent me a link to allan's
transmision page... ( you auta go there folks, lot of goodies )
http://pacific.telebyte.com/allanw/binder

I bought the trav all today and am now trying to figure out how to get
it home with out the wife finding out i got it..... aah the trials of an
off roader....

it is indeed a 5 speed overdrive t34 ... found the disc that goes on top
of the shift lever with the shif pattern on it.

now for my other problem... I am trying to take the gas tank out of my
son's scout ... got the bands loose and the clamps off the 2 lines going
to the filler but what about the sender gauge ....where is it and how do
i keep from ripping it loose when i drop the tank.... can't find a r and
r tank in my service manual... can any body help me on this one?

thanks
to those of you who offered tanks and all .. will let you know as soon
as i find out if i can have this one fixed or not....

thanks again

John Dodd
jdodd@domain.elided