Re: Carb Probs

Michael,
   Wow! While I do read and answer digest questions on the weekend they
are not usually this heavy.
   The fuel bowl vent to which you are refering did not come on the
versions of the 2210. The carb that John L had sent me did not have this
vent arm, but; the core that I'l be mailing to you, this week for sure,
did have it. I don't what year the one with it came off of, so it might
be an early year design. Since some had the vent and some didn't I would
think that this is not manditory for the carb to operate properly.
   While I admit to not be a carb expert in any ay shape or form, I do
think I can diagnose pretty well. (Can't fix 'em for anything, but; can
figure out what is wrong with them) Have you checked to see if the
needles are not bent? If the needles are bent then they would not be
closing off the seat enough and would be allowing gas to leak out past
into the manifold, Thus causeing a flooded condition and a rich mixture
which could cause our bogging and massive fuel milage drop.
   Just my opinion of course.

Dan Nees
cookiedan@domain.elided
The