Re: help with scout gas tank....

On Fri, 16 Oct 1998 13:00:21 -0500 John dodd <jdodd@domain.elided> writes:

>now for my other problem... I am trying to take the gas tank out of my
>son's scout ... got the bands loose and the clamps off the 2 lines going
>to the filler but what about the sender gauge ....where is it and how do
>i keep from ripping it loose when i drop the tank.... can't find a r and
>r tank in my service manual... can any body help me on this one?

Sender is right in the center of the top of the tank.  The hose to the
front runs along the right side frame rail and has enough slack you can
drop the tank a ways to get to it.  I think you can also pull it loose
where the hose joins the plastic line at the crossmenber above the rear
axle before you drop the tank and the wires connections slip onto two
studs on the tank so you can pull them loose when you lower the tank a
bit.

Howard

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]