800 Wipers Again, Spud

Greetings, all.

I would have responded publicly to your kind posts about my wiper question
earlier, but my modem was dead and my office mail server is behind the
firewall (so the Digest can't authenticate the sender and thus won't allow
my posts, yadda yadda yadda).  You'd think I might find a workaround, being
the sysadmin and all, but I just haven't the knowledge or the time...

Although I was encouraged about Mike and Roy's suggestion for replacement
wipers from Specialty Power Windows I cannot part with the $300+ for the
kit.  So, what I did was to unscrew and rotate the current vacuum wipers
180 degrees (without removing them).  Then, i removed the little chrome
knobs from the "switches" and reinstalled the switches *themselves* 180
degrees in reverse: in this manner the switch is "on" when it's in the new
(reversed) "off" position, thus allowing me to pass control of the vacuum
to the 800-style, dash-mounted vacuum switches.  Although the wipers still
suck (again, no pun intended) I can 'get by' without spending any more $$$
for now.

All this was necessary because I'm moving and had to speed up the process
of repair while short on cash (beeg deposit, 1st months rent etc.).  Oddly,
my new landlord wants me to either paint my Scout or buy a cover...sheesh!
The things I have to deal with because others can't appreciate old (rusty)
iron.  Losers!  Well, at least this landlord is allowing me to build a
workshop in the unfinished basement below my apartment (a space previously
unavailable to any tenants) AND install my washer & dryer there.  Maybe
living in the city will be bearable after all...

One final note:  I desperately need a speedo cable for my 800.  It's a '68
with a 3-speed manual trans and 2WD, and thus it requires the cable with
the spud gear on the end (grr).  Bill at Anything Scout did a *lot* of
looking for me and was unable to find such a unit from his sources (thanks
Bill); so, if any of y'all can part with your spare I'd pay a princely sum.
 I can live without fast wiper motors for now, but I'd sure like to know
how fast (er, SLOW) I'm going while about town.  Thanks,

Alan