Blowing Oil

        I just installed a 304 in my 68 800.  Everything runs fine, and the
motor seems to be much stronger than my 266.  My problem is that this motor
is blowing oil from the dipstick tube.  I have noticed more when I the motor
runs at higher RPM for sustained periods of time.
        The oil in this motor was filthy as were the tops of the heads when
I changed the valve cover gaskets.  I am wondering if there is a crankcase
vent that is clogged that vents through the heads.  My 266 has a tube coming
from right above the oil pan to vent the lower half of the crankcase however
the 304 doesn't.  Granted this is only a temporary motor while I rebuild my
266 this winter, but I still would like to solve this problem because I am
thinking of using this motor in another Scout.

Mitch Neal

68 800
71 800
78 SSII