Re: 800 Plans and questions (again)

yeah, mine also has a " bass note" when driving. Isn't that a particular tranny? I
cannot downshift into first! And, the engine's rpms must be below, lets say, 800
before I can shift into first.
my rearview mirror has never vibrated. My cheesy radio has no engine noise.
Matt

John Fleck wrote:

>         Okay some late night babble. 4:15 am and this is the plan for the 800 as
> it stands
>
> 1) replace hood when I find a new one (Rik D?)
> 2) install T-19 where T-98(T-18 in cognito). I will document the install
> and create a       page off my site like Allan W. did for the 5 speed as to
> what is needed.
> 3) Measure input shafts on T-19 and what is in 800 now to see if the swap
> is possible. I    may have to swap shafts or machine one down or
> something(this is as per some e-mails I          got) The shafts are
> supposed to be different.
> 4) take 33-9.50 15 tire off Scout Travler and see if it fits Scout 800. If
> it doesnt jack          it up until it does and measure difference for
> approx lift needed. Hopefully just a    set of my Beefy shackles will cure
> the problem.
> 5) Reroute the exhaust on the 800 and have Clays install new system.
> 6) silicone small water leak
> 7) change all diff, x-case fluids with 50 50 mix of Power Punch(clings to
> gears and makes    them real quiet) and Gear oil
> 8) change motor and brake fluids with new stuff.
> 9) Replace Broken Mirror
> 10) Fix all Leaking Gaskets on 196 (big Pipe Dream...but let me smoke it up
> and dream     will ya?)
> 11) Check and Adjust Timing, replace spark Plugs
> 12) Change oil in Oil bath air filter (regular Motor oil?)
>
> QUSETIONS:
>
> 1)Does any 80/800 owners have a problem with the rear view mirror vibrating
> bad?
>
> 2)Also any of ya get a bass note inside truck about 30-40 mph?
>
> 3)To stop wizzing on stereo I install a condenser correct?? Gosh the lead
> singers        voice resembles a reving motor)
> 4)I am reasearching the lock cyclinders for the guy who asked about
> replacements but        if someone knows I am all ears.
>
>  Well thats enough for tonight.
>
> Welcome Back John Hoffstetter, John L. and myself were wondering if you
> were still alive or got road jacked somewhere ( i know better as I have
> seen the persuaders but was still wondering). Anyhow Good to have our Tribe
> Elder back.
>
> John Fleck
> B.C.B.
>
> +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>                         John L Fleck
>                      1225 N.E. McGee Way
>                      Pullman, Wa. 99163
>         Washington State University College # 509 332-7565
>         E-MAIL  jlfleck@domain.elided
>         ICQ # 8536313                 GOD bless you
>         Personal Web Site: http://www.wsu.edu:8080/~jlfleck
>             ("\-''-/").___..--''"'-._
>                'o_ o  )   '-.  (     ).'-.__.')
>    GO COUGS    (_Y_.)'  ._   )  '._ '. ''-..-'
>               ..'--'_..-_/  /--'_.' ,'
>  WSU   Cougs Rule     WSU    Cougs Rule   WSU   Cougs Rule

1970 Scout 800a  White on white paint
304 V8,all stock 31X10.5 AT on white spokes
black soft top   Big honkin' CB
funky stereo with home speakers
Soon to have a 4"suspension lift
Needs: rollbar, seats, powersteering, stabilizer bar,
       stereo, speakers, drop pitman arm
So if anyone has these stuff and wants to sell.......