Trailer wiring

Oh boy Danny, your in my territory now! <bg>
Let's see, 7 wires?
My '77 had a six wire setup, one of yours *may be* ground, trouble is, which one...  A simple 4 way flat connector kit from the local trailer/camping supply house will say brown, green, yellow, white goes where ever.. I know off hand white is ground, and brown is tail... left, right, green, yellow...can't remember which is which.  The others running out of there are brakes only(ie trailer brakes, off the sensor in the rig) and Accesory (back up lights, inside trailer power, whatever you want really).  Maybe your 7 wire setup has its own backup light run, freeing up the acc. for what ever you want.
On the '77, I currently have a 6 way plug, and I run a 6 to 4 way flat converter for pulling sleds or other small trailers.  But when I pullled the Solar car trailer for my school, it had brakes, needed 6 way, didn't use acc.
When I built the custom harness to replace my rotted/shorted OEM harness, I worked in enough wires to run everything but trailer brakes, I will need to run one wire in parallel to complete it.  But, haven't needed it....
---
Layda,
Tark
'77 Terra 345/T19/D20