Re: Tom's carb issues

>I thought "Off Road" models also had a center hung float so it is not as
seceptable to off cambers and steep inclines?

This particular carb has a center hung float... but I thought the center
float was better for circle tracking with fuel sloshing *sideways* (and
thus, off-camber side-hillin')...

I was having problems (float too high) with inclines last time I was
wheelin'... the center float is on the front of the carb.

Here's a neat trick my friends told me on a Holley 4bbl...

Use two FRONT float bowls (or rears?)... you'll have one side-hung float
from the passenger side, and one from the driver's side then.  This means at
any point in time, the worst you'll do is flood one side of the carb.. seems
to work well on his racer. :-)

FWIW, changed the power valve out last night.. (sprained my ankle jumping
down off the fender, too... grrrr) and it hasn't seemed to make a
difference.  I may need to re-adjust the acc pump a little but...

Time to move on to shooters n' cams...

-Tom