Re: To frustrated to think

Could you have a clogged passage to one of the lifters.  On an old Escort
I used to have, they had a problem with the bore for the hydraulic lifter
on one valve.  So the boredit out and sleved it down.  This was from the
factory, was documented in the shop manual.

Turns out the sleeve could rotate.  When it rotated this closed off the
hole supplying oil to the lifter and you should have heard all the racket.

I put a setscrew in it and the problem was solved for 80,000 miles.

Steve

Steven A. Stegmann
     _/_/_/    _/      _/_/_/ "No free man shall ever be debarred the use
   _/    _/   _/_/   _/    _/  of arms.  The strongest reason for the
   _/        _/ _/   _/        people to retain the right to keep and bear
    _/_/    _/  _/    _/_/     arms is, as a last resort, to protect
       _/  _/_/_//       _/    themselves against tyranny in government"
 _/_/_/  _/     _/ _/_/_/         Thomas Jefferson, June 1776