Re: FYI: Scout 800 front body mount removal

>OK, I was kind of disappointed by the lack of response to my post of
> how to remove the front body mount for a Scout 800.

Sorry.. don't have wonnadoze yet..

>Anyway, the top of the bolt is either welded in, or is large and square.

Most likely a carriage bolt... the SII has a couple of those on the body
mounts, too (though I haven't taken mine apart yet... )

>propane torch.  Mine cam off pretty easily.  Also, i learned that there
>really isn't too much room to move the body up, because of the fan
>hitting th shroud.

Ooops.  You should've read the FAQs on doing the Scout II mounts... always
remove the shroud and lay it back on the motor before you attempt to lift
the body up... ;)

-Tom (who still needs to buy new bushings, a body lift, and weld some
reinforcements to the front body mounts before it's too late)
http://www.tmcom.com/~tsm1/scout
'77 Scout II