Re: Scout 800 questions

On Mon, 09 Nov 1998 02:08:05 -0800 John Fleck <jlfleck@domain.elided>
writes:

>QUESTION:
>I crawled under the Scout 1967 800 and looked at the trannie. I swear
its a
>T-18 non syncro. It looks like my T-19 sitting in the garage. any way to
>tell if its a T-98 as some people have told me? They did offer the T-18
>that year so how do i tell short of ordering a line ticket.

If it's the 4 speed  transmission that IH installed, it's a T-18.  The
T-98 was used in the Light Line, but not the Scout.  Perhaps "some
people" are confusing the T-98 with the T-90 3 speed that was used in the
800.

Howard Pletcher
Howteron Products Scout Parts

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]