Scout 800 questions

Tonight it started snowing at 1:45 Am just so everyone knows. First time
all year

QUESTION:
I crawled under the Scout 1967 800 and looked at the trannie. I swear its a
T-18 non syncro. It looks like my T-19 sitting in the garage. any way to
tell if its a T-98 as some people have told me? They did offer the T-18
that year so how do i tell short of ordering a line ticket.

GARBLE and USEFULL INFO
Did a polyurethane body bushing set on a Scout 2 this weekend and Boy were
the old rubber ones squashed down and worn out. If everyone looks at theres
they may find this is the problem to there saggind unaligned doors and
such. Total time to replace them using hand tools was 3 hours and thats was
using an old scisser jack not even a floor jack. You should also gain an
inch of lift by putting the scout back to where it was originally if not
1/2 inch higher. If anyone needs these bushings I would be happy to order
them for you.

I installed on the same scout a Rancho poly spring bushing set again using
hand tools and a torch to cut/burn the old ones out. Boy is that a time
saver. Total time to finish the front was 2 approx two hours. The rear
should take about the same if not less because there is no sterring
stabilizer to deal with.

This should give you all an average time to do this with hand tools. Air
tools would probley save some time and labor but how else do ya build thoes
muscles besides running manual sterring with 44 inch swampers...hahahaha

Gotta go its 2:06 am and I have a 3 page take home exam with a 12 page
interview sheet to do by 7:45 am....ahhhh School is not as much fun as it
used to be.

John Fleck
Back Country Binders

                        John L Fleck
                     1225 N.E. McGee Way
                     Pullman, Wa. 99163
        Washington State University College # 509 332-7565
        E-MAIL  jlfleck@domain.elided
        ICQ # 8536313                 GOD bless you
        Personal Web Site: http://www.wsu.edu:8080/~jlfleck
 WSU   Cougs Rule     WSU    Cougs Rule   WSU   Cougs Rule