FYI: Scout 800 front body mount removal, Scout #4 comes home

OK, I was kind of disappointed by the lack of response to my post of how to remove the front body mount for a Scout 800.

Anyway, the top of the bolt is either welded in, or is large and square.  The best way to get the nut off the bottom is to wire brush the threads real good, soak the nut in penetrating oil overnight, and heat it up with a propane torch.  Mine cam off pretty easily.  Also, i learned that there really isn't too much room to move the body up, because of the fan hitting th shroud.

Later,
Gary

---
1967 Scout 800, 196, 3spd, 4wd, red Scout "the nice one"
1967 Scout 800, 266, 3spd, 4wd, white Scout "the beater"
1967 Scout 800, 152, 3spd, 2wd, free Scout "the project, soon to be a Sporttop"
1967 Scout 800, 152, 3spd, 2wd, ugly Scout "the Sportop, for parts"