Re: Wet Road Driving Comments Sought Please

The Scout isn't quite as light in the back as a pickup. I think it's
somewhat better.

This is one of the real problems with pickups.  They must be treated with
respect in wet weather.  Some Michelin wet weather tires (or another good
brand) will make a big difference.  But, you must be careful.  Pickups and
Scouts are *not* sports cars.  People who drive them as such really have a
death wish or are really dumb.  More probably ignorant.  Talk to people
with Mustangs or BMW drivers.  If they are honest they will tell you.
This is why Ford (& probably the others) have been putting antilock on
the rear wheels of pickups since '90.

I've driven my van many miles on the highway in the rain with no
problems.  But I'm nervous alert.  Being half scared is the right way to
fly.  If you get complacent or cocky you will crash.  Seen it.

You can stick with the Mazda.  You should try to get good tires.  Some
all weather tires in a major brand will help.  The downside to these is
that they usually don't last as long.  But... If they help save your butt...

Steve

Steven A. Stegmann
     _/_/_/    _/      _/_/_/ "No free man shall ever be debarred the use
   _/    _/   _/_/   _/    _/  of arms.  The strongest reason for the
   _/        _/ _/   _/        people to retain the right to keep and bear
    _/_/    _/  _/    _/_/     arms is, as a last resort, to protect
       _/  _/_/_//       _/    themselves against tyranny in government"
 _/_/_/  _/     _/ _/_/_/         Thomas Jefferson, June 1776