Re: Wet Road Driving Comments Sought Please

My thoughts on wet road driving are that if the conditions are bad enough
that occasional rear wheel slip becomes a problem, then there will be
enough slip to eliminate any problems with driveline wrap up between the
front and rear, which is the main reason for not doing it on dry roads.
Therefore, I just run 4WD in a lot of wet conditions.  Auto hubs have an
advantage here, as the front can overrun the rear in corners, eliminating
the need for a little wheel slip, but I wouldn't hesitate to run locked
hubs in the wet if necessary.

And if you aren't running good, i.e. $$$$, radial tires on whatever you
drive, you aren't going to have good wet traction.

Howard Pletcher
Howteron Products Scout Parts

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]