Re: Published Scout GVWR's

When the truth serum kicked in, jlandry@domain.elided (John A. Landry) blurted
out...

>I don't have my Line Setting Tickets with me at work, but I've observed the
>following...

OK... Here's what the line setting tickets say just as it appears.  Maybe
Howard can provide an English translation.

On the 76 Traveler w/HD springs (code 03803 for the front and 03194 for the
rear):

           GVWR      FRONT      FR--REAR--RR
AXLE-BRK             3,200      3,500
SPRG-AUX             3,200      3,100
TIRE-RIM             3,220      3,220
G A W R    6,200     3,200      3,100

On the 77 Traveler w/standard springs (no codes mentioned):

This is *hand written* as the very last line on the ticket (exactly as shown)

GAWR  6,200   3,100   3,100

So it appears the limiting factor is something called "SPRG-AUX" whatever that
is.  Obviously something to do with the springs!  Isn't that interesting that
they both have the exact same GAWR (Gross Axle Weight Rating) of 6,200...
which I guess makes sense because they have the exact same axles.  Only the
springs are different.

This is confusing.

John
jlandry AT halcyon DOT com       | For such a promiscuous conglomeration
Conservative Libertarian         | of numbskulls as generally constitutes
Life Member of the NRA           | an army a six pound pull is well
WA Arms Collectors               | enough.  With an easy pull soldiers
Commercial Helicopter - Inst.    | would decimate their own ranks more
http://www.halcyon.com/jlandry/  | than those of the enemy. T. S. Van Dyke