Re: AMP's/Bats (was something else?)

Howard:

Where were you two weeks ago when I mentioned the same thing? That I
thought that I had read years ago, that the Terras got the tow package or
some sort of heavy duty package upgrade automatically, due to thier "p/u
like" incarnation? That's why Landry told me to look at my line setting
ticket and get the spring numbers so he could check against some reference
that he had.

Well, I'll forgo the $100 and won't pass go as long as I can have the
definitive answer. Now, I won't think that I read that Terra's got some
sort of heavier spring or tow package or anything like that. :-) Must all
be in my feeble mind. Now mine must have had the 61 amp alternator (long
since replaced), becuase it did have the A/C.

Mine must have the 3100# axles and springs because the sill plate says GVWR
6200#s (hey, I can do the math!).  And, I guess that those are quite fine
for the Traveler top I installed on it this summer too! No need to worry
about making a change.

You know, I've belonged to a few "car clubs" at various stages of my life
where we swapped information like we do on the Digest. But, we've never had
access to an "insider" like you Howard that could quell myths and set us
straight about historical production issues like you can. Even when Vince
Piggins would come to the Camaro Nationals he could not confirm or deny the
supposed existence of 3 or 4 convertible Z/28s supposedly one-off made for
GM execs (Z/28s were not avialable as convertibles in first generation
Camaros). But, what you offer us Howard is absolutely fantastic. I think we
should take up a collection to fund your Digest subscription and access so
that we can continue to recieve your direct knowledge of IH history.

Thanks,

Tom H.