Cannibalizing a Montero to tub a Scout II?

Willy Cunningham should like this one....

In the BinderBulletin TechTalk there was a short thread on tire clearance..
someone asked "Why not widen the wheel wells like a hot rod?"..

My thought is available at:

http://www.binderbulletin.org/cgi-bin/config.pl?read=20475

The response I got follows - says to grab a Montero back seat, which is
apparently 4" narrower than the stock Scout II rear bench... allowing a
person to "tub" the Scout's rear end, adding 2" of inside clearance on
either wheel well for larger meets to angle farther in (still have that
front-back diameter issue to fix, but I figure that's part of this procedure)

Willy - how comfy are those Montero seats?  I assume it'll hold 2 adults
just as well as the Scout II seat does... though we all know the Scout II
rear seat *will* seat 3 close friends. :-)

-Tom

A rear seat from a 2 door Mitsubishi Montero will fit leaving 2" of space on
each side between the stock wheelwells and the Mitsu seat. It has its own
bolt-in frame and the seat belt clip receiver is built in to the seat itself
so you can remove the stock Scout belts that attach in the middle of the
bed. It will also fold up vertically behind the front seats.

Mark G.