Re: Xfer Case Jumping Out of 4L

John L wrote:
>The trick will be to use some sort of reference point while bending the
shift lever so that I can get it right the first time.  I have measurements
and references marked on the lever.  I don't want to have to continue with
the basic trial and error fitting method because that darn transfer case is
so heavy and bulky to fit.<

John,
   I had a similiar problem with a Scout II transfer case in my 800.
Rather than try to bend it with the shift lever out of the vehicle, I
suggest you bend it while it's in the vehicle.  With an acetylene torch it
doesn't take much to get it hot enough to bend.

  Heat it, bend it, do a few trial shifts to check clearances.  Reheat and
rebend as neccessary.  A ten minute job.

Doug