Re:Help please!

Bill,
  If it's been sitting a while, you might be able to relate my
'68 800's experiences to your question.  Mine had been sitting in a
garage for 10 years.  The freeze plugs were mostly non-existant on
the engine.  The rear diff bearings had rusted from condensation in
the pumpkin.  The rear quaterpanels between the door and the rear
wheel well were fairly rusted since the tires spew water, etc into
the area between the gas tank and the outer shell.  You can make some
debris shields out of thick plastic to keep the stuff out once
they're cleaned.  I ended up replacing the bearings throughout on
both axles since there was rust pitting present everywhere.  I'd
imagine that if you checked the diff fluids and didn't find any water
floating around, you should be in pretty good shape.   I bought the
service and parts manuals and was able to x-ref about 95% of all the
IH part #'s at my local NAPA store.  My 800 has a dual output master
cylinder as stock, but the 80's may have had only a single output
version.  I think Paul Brakefield was trying to make my junked MC
work in place of his single-output MC.  If you have any more
questions, just let us know,
Myron