Re:Trailers

>A thought... Quick disconnects are available that shut off all flow of fuel
>upon separation.  Military helicopters I saw all had this sort of
>arrangement for fuel line connections.  The lines were fabricated so that
>the quick coupling was the weak link and would separate if the line were
>pulled hard enough.
>Go for it!  Build a "fuel trailer" to haul 300 gallons of fuel for those
>really l-o-n-g road trips.

Hmmm.... maybe I don't need to *buy* a 33gallon tank, afterall.  I have 3
good 19gal tanks (and one that's dented.. that's fine for the racer)..

So.. 19gallon in the Scout, 19 gallon in the trailer (with skid plate..
heh).. 38 gallons...

*OR*, hmm... 33gallon in the Scout, and 33 gallon in the trailer...
66gallons of fuel.  Then, if I get really ambitious and put a fuel cell in
that area under the bed, behind the step, but in front of the axle... i
wonder how much fuel one could store there?..

Hafta change my license plate to "Valdez"... one big oil drip all the time,
and a big gas spill just waiting to happen.  ;)

And heck, towing a trailer behind me all the time should make wheelin' that
much more interesting!

-Tom