My Scout & Trailers

On Wed, 21 Oct 1998, William Cunningham wrote:

> weight of camping stuff, sandwiches, wild game meat, and D-20 transmissions
> it has to be doing something to your suspensions long term health.

;)  Probably.. and now I'm hauling an extra axle shaft, driveshaft, and
not to mention that 33" spare!

> I would love to have one of those little off-road, pop-up camper units and
> can see you with one. It would be the lap of luxury compared to your little
> (LITTLE) tent and think of all the parts you could haul home from RMIHR and
> NWB??, what ever, not to mention the fact that with a trailer you could put
> more and bigger speakers in Tigger.

Hmmm.. or how about this...

I have a Scout II frame and something of a body lying in my driveway (I
still need to remove the steering column, rollcage, motor/trans).. I
could cut the frame and make a trailer from it... Hmmmm..

Too bad the body really isn't there.. it's just a set of outer quarters,
held on by some steel tubes.. but it's a start..

Heck, I could plumb a line from the 19gal tank under the trailer up to my
Scout and channel gas in...  Hmmm...

I guess I need to find another body tub to put on this spare frame.. and
I'll make a Scout II trailer.. I have an extra tailgate.. and an extra
hardtop.. yeah.. spring over the trailer.. I'd be set.

Except.. I couldn't really use a Scout Dana 44 axle for the trailer,
since it's not a full floater.. OTOH, a Warn FF kit could be used..
giving me a full float trailer, and spare axle shafts and rotors and hubs..

Sure, Willy.. now I have *another* project.. find enough of a tub to make
a cool Scout II Trailer!

Gotta go find a pintle hitch setup to weld to the front of the frame.. I
could mount extra batteries in the trailer.. and maybe some speakers
*could* go back there.. I'd have room for some 15" subs and boxes then..
Hmmm...

And my friends thought I did some body damage when I was driving just the
Scout.. now I'll be able to ding up the trailer, too!

> OBTW is that really you in the pic on John Flecks web page??? Not the Tom I
> remember.

Nope, Fleck's got his story a little skewed.. that waren't me..

-Tom