Re: My Scout & Trailers

> Except.. I couldn't really use a Scout Dana 44 axle for the trailer,
> since it's not a full floater.. OTOH, a Warn FF kit could be used..
> giving me a full float trailer, and spare axle shafts and rotors and hubs..

Why could't you use a semi-floating rear axle as a trailer axle? The only
thing changed is the lack of a driveshaft, I'm sure this is done all the time
with those pickup bed trailers.

> I have a Scout II frame and something of a body lying in my driveway (I
> still need to remove the steering column, rollcage, motor/trans).. I
> could cut the frame and make a trailer from it... Hmmmm..

This is actually an idea I've been considering, there is a trashed/stripped
2WD SII body and frame at the storage facility we use, I've been thinking
about trying to get it for $100 or so. It's a little too much of a project for
our apartment parking lot though. It'll have to wait until we get a house.

Jeff