Help please!

I originally signed onto this mail list because I was about to work a deal
and end up with a 1980 Scout w/diesel engine. Well the lady changed
her mind, big surprise, and sold the Scout to her son-in-law.  I originally
wanted the diesel powered Scout because of it's fuel milage, especially
when compared to my F-250 w/6.9ltr IHC diesel.
Now I'm Scoutless, the only other Scouts I've been able to find in the
Tucson area are gas powered, mostly 345CID.
What approximate MPG could a person expect from a Scout w/345
and all the usual standard equipment?
On another possible Scout is a 1965 (would that be an 80 or 800?), the owner
is using it for storing junk and the body is in primer and free of rust
through type
rust but from my experience metal under primer usually rusts unless it's
primer
sealer. What are the good and bad points of the Scout 80s and 800s?
What should I look for and be concerned with on something that old? Can parts
be had, such as: dual mater cylinder conversion, disc brake conversions, lift
kits?
I'm going to go look at the '65 tomorrow and I'll have more info then.

Thanks,
Bill