Re: Status

On Sun, 18 Oct 1998 13:33:33 -0500 (CDT) Steve Stegmann
<stegmann@domain.elided> writes:
> I may put in 1/2" longer
>shackels.  This is work and right now I'm having an attack of the
>lazies.  Howard mentioned that longer shackles would make the rear end
>softer horizontally for trailer towing.  I know this happens but I
wonder
>if 1/2 longer shackels would do this to any meaningfull amount.  Would H

>pattern shackels help this???? Seems like they would.

Since I'm making the rules (sure is nice to have POWER)     :-)
I'd make 1/2" longer shackles about a -5%--not much effect compared to 4
or 6" longer.  I'd say the those with the H reinforcement would have only
1/2 the penalty of unreinforced shackles.  For your 1/2" extension,
they'd probably be better than stock, but I'm not going to get into
quadratic equations to figure this thing out.

If Jethro can't cipher it out, we aren't doin' it!

Howard Pletcher
Howteron Products Scout Parts

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]