Speed Calibration, Baldwin Oil Filters

Go my Speedometer corrected today at Tacoma Speedometer.
$54.75 for the ratio adaptor, and $29.50 for running it on their
'dyno' to identify the error and confirm it is now accurate.
Not much to it, and now I can start checking to see if that
5 speed changed my gas mileage at all.  I know that
I'm just a little over 2100 RPM to go 60 now.  Before (with
the automatic) it was up above 2800 for the same speed.

I also went to John L's oil filter store, Williams Oil Filter
service.  Got some Baldwin B2 filters.  When I got home I
compared the Baldwin to a Fram.  It is heavier, and just inside
the gasket, and it has 8 slightly smaller holes vice the Fram's
6 holes.  Maybe I'll hacksaw one of each open like John L
did (after I use them!).  They also carry B'laster, which
Dan mentioned.  I'm putting that stuff to the test right now,
soaking the broken off bolts in my skid plate brackets that
I've never installed due to the stuck bolts.  We'll see...

Lastly, do anyone remember what company built the
Scout model kits?  Several of these model companies
have been bringing back their older kits, so maybe they
will build some more.

Allan Weidenheimer
72 1210 Pickup