Hello Again

After more than a year's hiatus I'm glad to be back on the digest.
Moreover, I'm glad to see the same crew here and actively participating.
Now that I've quit the loser job that took *all* my IHC restoration time I
hope I can add some fuel to discussions once again (even if only kindling).
 [For clarification: When I resigned I told my boss that, if he doubted my
devotion to my work, I had only started my '67 1000B pickup *twice* since I
started working there a year before.  I don't know if that's loyalty or
insanity, but I feel much better now :-)]

That being said, I guess I'll pick up where I left off.  I just sold the
'67 1000B for $1.00 to a good friend.  Fun coincidence there: he has a twin
brother with a '66 908A (twin brothers with _almost_ twin trucks!).  I'm
sure they'll have fun:  they successfully towed the '67 (Bessie) home to
Mississippi with a 3/4 ton Dodge Ram and a UHaul trailer.  That and they
managed to get a free '78 Toyota pickup from another friend on the same
trip!  I guess one can never have too many pickups in the rural south.

At this moment I just finished dimantling the dashboard from a salvage '68
800A for repainting and inclusion in my Scout of the same year/model.  (If
you recall my posts last year, this is the former Postal vehicle I picked
up for $75 out of a front yard in Mathiston, Mississippi.)  That and I'm
taking the radiator to Sim's tomorrow for a recore -- funny how those
things go when you let them sit for years <g>.  Also in the works for this
lucky Scout: new suspension, new brakes and new steering gear (from the
wheel to the gearbox).  BTW, if anyone has a good 2 piece steering column
they can part with, please email me directly.  Or a steel half-top...or
seats...or a sandblaster...

Well, enough babble for now.  Again, I'm sure glad that everyone is still
here and active.  I'll be reading digests and posting my adventures as
things progress.  In the meantime if any of you live or travel near Atlanta
(my new home), please look me up.

Alan St. John
853 Myrtle Street NE, Apt 2
Atlanta, GA 30308