Re: 500 4x4?

On Wed, 14 Oct 1998 07:26:20 -0600 "Kurt Musgrave" <rvar@domain.elided>
writes:
>Howard or ??,   Any idea who or where that last 500 4x4 went to?
Wouldn't
>that be neat to get a hold of?  As always IH was 20 years ahead of the
game.
>(Ford's Superduty F-550 4x4)

I have never heard where this one went.  The last Light Line didn't get
the same attention that the last Scout did, at least not in Fort Wayne.
It wasn't until Crismon's book came out I even knew what the last one
was.

And for whoever asked earlier about what axle was used, I don't know that
either, but I noticed a reference by Crismon to an earlier 1510 4x4 that
used a Napco front axle.  I'm not sure what has happened to them, but
Napco was a company that built some heavier front axles that were used in
Loadstars, etc. as I remember it.  The 1510 I saw was for the US Army and
had a 17,000 GVW vs. the usual 14-15,000 GVW for a 1510.

Howard Pletcher
Howteron Products Scout Parts

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]