Re: Towing

In a brilliant stroke of genius, n9ads@domain.elided (Howard R Pletcher) blurted
out:

>8.	Max speed for anything over 2500# 60 mph.
[major snipage]

Something I just thought might be worth adding to the thread here...

When I first bought my 18 foot travel trailer, it had very old bias ply
tires.  The tires were stiff and cracked from exposure to the sun.  They
didn't match between axles... one axle had a different size than the other.

Not long ago I purchased four new radial tires for said trailer (General
"Ameritrailer ST").  I had them balanced also.  You wouldn't believe the
difference!  After installing the new tires, the trailer has much less of a
former "dragging" feeling, it tracks much straighter and a bit of former
tongue bounce (caused by bumpy roads) has been eliminated.  Radial tires
really improved the overall handling manners of the trailer.  Don't ignore
your trailer configuration when you start looking at correcting towing
problems!

Regards,

John L.
jlandry AT halcyon DOT com       | TEENAGERS: Tired of being harassed by
Conservative Libertarian         |            your stupid parents?
Life Member of the NRA           |
WA Arms Collectors               |                ACT NOW!
Commercial Helicopter - Inst.    | Move out, get a job, and pay your own
http://www.halcyon.com/jlandry/  | bills while you still know everything!